Join our Team!
The Accounting Associate provides accounts payable and receivable support to the restaurants and Corporate Office Departments. He/She performs duties such as invoice review and payment; researches payment discrepancies; prepares accounting reconciliations and accruals. He/She also provides support with the maintenance of accounts payable reports, spreadsheets, and files.
Key responsibilities may include:
* Audits daily sales reports that are submitted from the restaurant group for accuracy. Resolve discrepancies and post sales to the general ledger.
* Edits daily accounts payable batches that are submitted from the restaurant group for accuracy and post to the general ledger. Review and record invoices directly to restaurants and or internal departments.
* Sorts incoming mail by account responsibilities; filing and copying documents as necessary.
* Investigate and resolve questions from vendors and/or restaurant operations about invoices.
* Prepares checks and support for scanning by third party vendor.
* Special projects as assigned by management.
* Prepares and maintains certain weekly/monthly accounting reconciliation schedules.
* Assists with the preparation of quarterly and year-end reconciliation schedules.
* Responsible for setting up accounting and procedures for new restaurant location(s) as needed.
* Restaurant operations support and training on an as needed basis.
Skills and Competencies:
* Ability to work in a fast paced team environment with shifting priorities and deadlines.
* Ability to communicate effectively with restaurant operations.
* Must be able to multitask and prioritize.
* Must have excellent attention to detail.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills.
* Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
* 1-2 years’ experience in a corporate accounting environment.
* Experience working with general ledger, accounts payable, and accounts receivable is desired.
* Restaurant/Hospitality experience a plus
* Knowledge of business machine operations, use of personal computers and related software; at a level generally acquired through 1+ years related experience.
Become a part of a family run business that prides itself on providing a great employee experience!