The Senior Operations Specialist will work within the Corporate Actions & Pricing team and assume a lead role in the corporate actions function as well as prepare fair value recommendations, manage pricing exceptions, perform daily and monthly account reconciliations and maintain cross departmental relationships.
* Corporate Action Research, Processing, Support and Communications: Involvement in the entire corporate action (CA) life cycle for both voluntary and mandatory corporate actions. Act as liaison between the CA-Pricing group, other groups at the firm and external parties for corporate action related inquiries and requests.
* Pricing Research and Support: Monitor and resolve daily pricing exceptions. Prepare daily and monthly reconciliations.
* Project Management: Responsible for participating in various initiatives and projects within Corporate Action & Pricing group.
* Reconciliation of Account Holdings/Activity: Reconcile portfolio holdings, trading activity, and cash balances with the custodian bank statements. Research and resolve any discrepancies.
* Facilitate Monthly/Quarterly/Annual Reporting: Ensure accounting data is correct by performing account reviews at month end.
* Oversee & Maintain Custodian Relationships: Foster strong custodian relationships related to client account management.
* Oversee and Maintain Inter-Departmental Relationships: Respond to special requests made by the clients, internal groups and/or consultants.
* Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Economics, or another financial related degree preferred
* At least four years corporate actions operations experience and a minimum of two years fund accounting experience
* Strong analytical background and knowledge of financial accounting principles.
* Proficient in MS Windows 7 and MS 2007 office suite.
* Demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills.
* Detail oriented, flexible, and able to multitask
* Ability to work within a team environment (as well as independently)
* Strong business judgment with confidential information.